County Commission

-->

Forum Overview, Rules, and Instructions

Welcome to the Loudon County Commission forum.

Forum Overview, Rules, and Instructions

Postby webadmin » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:39 am

Forum Overview
In 2009 the Tennessee state legislature passed a resolution which allowed each county to create an online forum to allow county commissioners to be able to discuss matters online pertaining to county government. The law expressly forbids the forum being used as a means to cast votes. The forum can only be used for discussion and debate--not voting.

Who can access and update the Loudon County forum?
The forum is available for viewing by the general public, but only Loudon County commissioners have the ability to log in and add new topics for discussion, or to create comments on those topics. By law, once a comment is posted, it may not be changed in any way and may not be deleted from the forum for a period of at least one year.

Where can the forum be accessed?
The forum should be accessible from almost any computer that has Internet access. Public access to the forum is available at each of the five public libraries in Loudon County--this is provided for residents who do not have a computer at home or for visitors.

How do I sign into the forum?
The default view for the forum shows a list of topics that have been added to the forum by commissioners. Before posting any new topics or comments, commissioners must log into the forum. Commissioners may log into the forum by clicking the "New Topic" button--if users are not logged in before clicking this button, they will be redirected to the forum login screen. Each commissioner is assigned their own user ID and password.

How do I post new topics?
Once logged in, commissioners may click the "New Topic" button to start a new topic for discussion.

How do I post comments to a topic?
To post a comment to an existing topic, first select the topic from the main forum page by clicking on the topic title. Once you click on the topic title, all comments posted for that topic will be visible. To add a comment, click the "Post Reply" button. After typing your comment in the appropriate area, click the "Submit" button--this will "post" the comment to the forum.

What happens if I post a comment that contains a mistake?
Once a comment is posted to the forum, it may not be changed in any way and must remain on the forum for at least one full year. It is therefore very important to double-check comments for errors before clicking the "Submit" button.
webadmin
Site Admin

Return to Loudon County Commission Forum